StreamCore for a Single View
Amid the market turmoil, it has become clear that firms must be able to understand their positions and exposure; Lehman Brothers’ counterparties are a perfect example. When Lehman failed, it took them an extended time period to calculate their exposure because their systems were unable to provide accurate, real-time information.
Over time, firms have developed a tangle of legacy systems. This has created complex IT architectures that are expensive to maintain, made it difficult to create a consolidated view of information or consistent set of data, and limited their ability to integrate systems.
As a result, firms are challenged by inefficiency within their operations, a lack of timely information, an inability to see and understand their exposure on an enterprise-wide basis and increased opportunities for errors.
With a single, enterprise-wide source of data, your company can create a holistic view of client and internal data, helping to:
- Monitor and understand their exposures and positions
- Ensure that departments across the enterprise are seeing the same data and the same picture
- Reduce risks and costs
SunGard’s StreamCore solution can also help:
- Reduce the cost and complexity around adding new products, services, and business lines by providing a single data model
- Streamline operations by making them more adaptable
- Simplify IT architecture by removing redundant processes
- Increase revenue by helping firms quickly recognize opportunities
- Free up IT staff to focus on building business applications, not getting data out of their systems
Interesting in learning more? Click here to download our whitepaper: Managing Risk and Exposure in the New Regulatory Environment